online law practice strategies: How to manage your Online Presence to Grow You Practice
|April 16, 2013||Registration 1:00p.m. | Seminar 1:30 - 4:50p.m.||1.0 CLE Hours||Register|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: From small solo practices to large firms, the Internet has equalized the playing field. Knowing where and how you and your firm are presented online is crucial to your law practice.
OVERVIEW: Discover how to create a primary practice presence on the Internet and
uphold professional and ethics rules. From the ethics of social media to your website, learn how online marketing experts expand clients for law firms and the specific Internet issues that are unique to you as an attorney. Find out how to manage your online reputation, attract new clients, and learn new ways that social media can save you both time and money.
You will receive a complimentary copy of Online Law Practice Strategies,’s, from Amazon’s #1 best-selling law practice marketing authored by Jabez LeBret and Mark Homer ($39.95 value)
1:30 – 2:30 p.m. FOUR PLACES ATTORNEYS NEED TO BE ONLINE – OTHER THAN YOUR WEBSITE
1. Learn how to take advantage of over a hundred free online directories
2. Why Google+ is so important and what you can and can’t do on your profile
3. How to ethically control what is being said about you online
4. How “Getting Reviews” can either boost your online presence or land you in court
2:30 – 2:40 BREAK
2:40 – 3:40 p.m. SOCIAL MEDIA IS FOR THE BIRDS: THE ETHICAL ISSUES, PITFALLS, AND HOW YOU MAY BE WASTING YOUR TIME
1. Learn how you can use social media for only 15 minutes a week
2. Accidental discovery issues and how to avoid knowing something you wish you didn’t
3. The social media networks that may be causing you to call yourself an expert -- a violation
of ethical rules
4. Where does the client relationship start?
3:40 – 3:50 p.m. BREAK
3:50 – 4:50 p.m. CREATING A WEBSITE THAT IS RANKED AND ATTRACTS CLIENTS WITHOUT VIOLATING ETHICS RULES
1. Key features you should have on your website
2. The Internet has spoken, you must Blog: How to easily blog without inadvertently violating
3. Getting prospects from your website: What violates the ethics of solicitation and how to avoid unmistaken discovery
4. How “ tracking numbers” are hurting your online presence and what to do about it
5. Disclaimers, email marketing, and testimonials: Avoiding ethics traps
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Jabez is co-author of the Amazon #1 best-selling legal technology and marketing book, Online Law Practice Strategies: How to Turn Clicks into Clients. In 2012, he delivered over 40 CLE seminar presentations and has presented at several tech conferences. Jabez writes a weekly business and technology column for NBC Chicago and is a founding partner of his digital marketing agency that works solely in the legal industry.
Received before or on April 12:
$138 NBA member; $189 non-member
Received after April 12:
$148 NBA member; $199 non-member
Registration must be received before or on APRIL 12 to guarantee written materials at the program. No refunds will be issued after the registration deadline; however, a substitute may attend for a registered participant...............................................
1:30 - 4:50 P.M.
-------------------------------------------------------------- CREDIT: 3.0 CLE HOURS - DUAL
NASHILLE BAR ASSOCIATION, Conf. Rm
One Nashville Place, 150 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1050 Nashville, TN 37219
Click Here for Directions
1. 4th Ave. next to One Nashville Place
(“Garage Full” does not apply to NBA visitors)
2. 4th Ave. across from One Nashville Place
3. Commerce Street
4. Main Library (between 6th & 7th Avenues)
SUSAN BLAIR, Nashville Bar Association
TN CLE Requirements:
Fifteen hours per year, including three hours of Ethics & Professionalism. Must be reported by December 31.